Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm Glad I Didn't Watch That

I bailed on Life of Mars after two episodes, but not because I particularly disliked the show. In fact, I thought it had one of the better pilots of the fall season, and made for a decent enough New York cop show if, I dunno, 3 Law & Orders and CSI: New York aren't enough for you. But procedurals aren't my thing, so I let it go.

Now that the show was canceled and it's aired its finale, I'm glad I got out early enough to avoid what sounds like one of the stupidest series finales in recent memory. Now, to be fair, I did not actually watch the finale, and did not watch most of the series leading up to it. So I really have no business judging.

But according to TVGuide, the big reveal about why the 2008 cop thinks he's in 1973 is that he's actually an astronaut on his way to Mars in 2035 and both 2008 and 1973 are the in-flight entertainment. That's right, it was all a dream! Not just the time traveling, but the whole series! The #1 worst way a series can ever end. So Life on Mars fans, maybe it's for the best the show was canceled so early. Better a lame ending now than after seasons of build-up.

1 comment:

ForestGerg said...

I watched every episode.

True, the ending was the worst ending possible, but if you ignore the last five minutes, it was actually a nice little 17-episode show. If you get some free time over the summer, I suggest checking it out. Just don't watch the last five minutes.