Thursday, March 12, 2009

Heathers: The Musical

I was looking through Entertainment Weekly's news stories online when I came across the most awesome theater news I've heard in awhile: a musical version of Heathers.

It gets better. In the table reads they're already doing, guess who's stepping in for Winona Ryder? None other than Veronica Mars herself, Kristen Bell.

Now, I don't mean to hype this too much. Kristen Bell will only actually follow the role to Broadway if her schedule allows it, and since she's only a few movies away from superstardom, that could be unlikely.

But come on, who doesn't want to see songs about faking suicide notes and poisoning your classmates with drano? And with the writers of Reefer Madness behind it, I'm sure the show will do the movie justice.

On the other hand, I'm starting to worry about Iron Man 2. With the announcement that Scarlett Johansson has now been cast, the cast now stands at: Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, Mickey Rourke, and now ScarJo. Is this going to be the next Spider-Man 3? Or will the others know to stay out of Robert Downey Jr.'s way? We can only hope.

No comments: