Friday, March 27, 2009

Trailer Alert: The Mysteries of Pittsburgh

Ok, I lied about being done with the videos for today. Take a look.



Michael Chabon is one of my favorite authors, and I was already prepared for a pretty huge bastardization of the novel. I knew, for example, that the 2nd biggest character was cut out (presumably along with any references to bisexuality).

But this trailer makes the movie look like the Sienna Miller Show, which is especially interesting since Jane was such a minor character in the book. There's barely any footage of Mena Suvari's Phlox, who was a much bigger part than Jane. On the other hand, Peter Sarsgaard is a perfect pick for Cleveland, so there's something.

My expectations are further lowered, but I'm sure I'll still be checking this one out.

No comments: